What to wear to class??
Now that you have decided which dance class your child is going to take, you must now prepare them to dress the part. There are many dance classes that allow freedom of choice in dance attire, but most reputable dance studios will have specific dress codes in place for their dance students.
Proper Dance Attire;
Although the style of dance wear varies according to the different dance types it is important that the garments are made with lightweight, breathable, stretchy fabrics which provide dancers with comfort and freedom of movement.
- Leotard (any colour)
- Ballet skirt (Tiny and Primary)
- Pink tights
- Pink Ballet slippers (canvas).
- Tights/Jazz Pants and Top should be tight fitting, but comfortable, and not be loose or baggy
- Tap Shoes.
Jazz, Modern & Acro:
- Jazz Pants/Tights (Any colour)
- Tight fitting top/leotard (Any colour)
- Bare feet
- Baggier, loose fitting clothes.
Dance Bag & Accessories For practical purposes, having a bag to carry your dance items is essential for keeping the items organized, a towel for all those sweaty classes and a water bottle!